Life in Misery, oops...Missouri!

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Here comes Peter Cottontail!

Yes, here he comes hopping down the bunny trail...hippity, hoppity, Easters on it's way!

How strange...this is a religous holiday around the corner and yet the only thing I can think of is That freakin' song! Oh, well...never been too religous anyhow!

Yet, it is even more strange that the older I get the more I wish to be with my family for such holidays!

We're going to Iowa for Easter...which all in all is a good time! I just hate the drive 5 LONG hours unless of course we're headed home...then it seems to only take 4 hours! Don't know why. We're going to the best damn chicken joint in the world! Mt. Hamil Tap, in Mt. Hamil Iowa...it's a small Catholic community with a fab beer battered chicken! Oh, my! So that is my plus! Yes, I enjoy food...more to the point fried foods!

But in the same respects all the above said...I miss my Grandma and my Mommy and my sister and such when we are not home! Sad isn't it...31 years old and still want to be with MY family!

Even worse is every one up there seems so concerned with all the whens, wheres and whats...who cares! Can't we just spend time together, have a beer and hang out? Jeez! Ok, now I'm ranting...most families are like that...I know...I just wish that we could go just BE! Which in the long run is exactly what we're gonna do!

I'm so ready for May...vacation to Branson for 5 days of nothingness! Then in June come the Steam Shows...you'll just have to wait to see or should I say read what they are about! They are fun for me but you either love 'em or hate 'em...when the time comes I'll give you insight!

That's it for now...just had to get that off my chest!

2 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

You forgot the week you'll be visitng me in Palm Springs :)

7:04 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Ha, Ha, Ha...yes, well actually, I do hope that one can happen!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home